May 22, 2013

~**HAPPY HOUR**~ by PINQUETTE Kimberly

How are all of our Pretty Little Peacocks Today?
 
PINQUETTE Kimberly Pate
is with us in the house again today!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Hello everyone and thank you for coming
back to my blog for another day of
Pinque Peacock beads from the Bead Buffett.

Today I wanted to try something different,
and do a project with beads. What I thought
was going to be a fun and easy project,
turned out to be a little more
difficult than I had hoped.

I first started with the wine glass charms. 
While this was a fast and easy task,
it was not without a few snags.




I struggled getting the beads on the wires. 
After a little frustration, I got out my covered
pliers and straightened the wire tips. Making
it much faster and easier to slide my beads
onto the wires. I simply just used my flat
covered pliers and rebent the wires as they
were before. The charms are some that I
picked up at Michael's. I had them left
over from another project I completed.

I still need to get some crimper beads
and put on the very ends to keep the
beads from sliding all over the place
while drinking from the wine glass.
 

I didn't stop there however, I also wanted to make a wine bottle stopper. This is where the fun began. I honestly had not thought about how thick the stem of the stopper would be when I started this project and purchased my beads from Jessica.

The beautiful pink swirled beads would not fit on the stem. the holes were much to small. I was so disappointed. 
However, there can always
be a plan B. Right ladies?

Plan B was to find bigger beads, then create a dangle from a bead. I found a cute little butterfly bead that had an eyelet on it that would be perfect to hang a dangle from. Here is what I came up with.


Oh my, I just realized when I put up that
picture that I failed to add the charm
to the dangle to match the wine glass
charms. I like how this turned out, even
if I did have to revert to plan B.

I hope you like my project today! 
 
 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thank you PINQUETTE Kimberly,
your charms and stopper are GORGEOUS
and sooo creative.Visit Kimberly at her blog
to become a New Follower!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Are you a follower??... Become a follower
and check out the rules...
you could be a lucky winner. Tell your
friends... we'd love to have them!!!

Prize Includes:
~ One Cricut Destinations Cartridge
~ One Thank You Embossing Folder
~1 set of Pinque Peacock Purple Beaded Stick Pins
~Several Pinque Peacock Handmade Felt Poppers
~ One set of NOT EVEN RELEASED YET Pinque Peacock
Teal Fabric Covered Buttons (1.5" eyelet) with small purple star flower accent
~ One Button BINGO Stamp by Unity Stamp Co.

5 comments:

Donna K said...

Kimberly I LOVE your wine charms and bottle topper! What a GREAT way to use those lovely beads. All of your glitches didn't hinder the beauty, that's for sure. Love, love these!!!

Unknown said...

Very, very Pretty Ms. Kimberly!!!! Love them :)
~Rhonda

ScrapYourWorld said...

Stunning pieces Kim!!! Glad you didn't give up so you could show us what you made!!!
Paula

SusieScrapper said...

Just beautiful, wished I drank wine just to make some!!

Susie

An'Jenic G. said...

Kim these are truly beautiful. I love seeing your many use of Pinque Peacock. Its never a dull moment with you. Love love it!!

AJ-