April 17, 2013

~*A Carnival Dream*~ by PINQUETTE Kimberly

How are all of our Pretty Little Peacocks Today?
 
PINQUETTE Kimberly Pate
has a BEAUTIFUL Altered Frame
she is sharing with us today!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hello Everyone, today is my day to post for the wonderful
Pinque Peacock . What a great group of ladies we
have in this Design Team. It is such a joy to work
with all of them, and even more fun to see their
wonderful creations each day. If you are not a follower
of the Pinque Peacock Blog, please make sure
you do so right away, so you do not miss
a single project by the awesome DT.

For your viewing pleasure, I have created a wonderful
painted wooden frame and embellished it with a
Pinque Peacock Fabric Splendid Swirled Flower, as
well as other roses. I also use some scrabble letters
 to define some personal meaning to the project.

A few years back, my husband and I took a cruise
on the Carnival Dream, and while we were sailing,
we went to the Dream Studio's and had a picture
session. What marvelous pictures they took, and to
this day, I have not yet decided what I wanted to do with them.

As I stared this project, I knew that I wanted to
make the frame, and I knew I wanted the frame
to be pink (it is my favorite color after all) to
match the white and pink Fabric Splendid Swirled Flower 
from Pinque Peacock. One of my favorite fabrics
by the way. I also knew I would be using the Scrabble
letters to spell Love on my frame.
The Dream was an added bonus.

I started with the flower in the bottom left hand
corner and just started adding embellishments
from there. The pears and small flowers on the
right hand side were an after though because
I (and a friend helping me) felt the right hand
side needed something more for balance. I am
still not sure about the roses around the 
but I like how it looks so I left it alone.

Here is my project:
 
 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thank you Pinquette Kimberly,
your Altered Frame is Beautiful.
Visit Kimberly at her blog
 to become a New Follower!!!
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Are you a follower??... Become a follower
and check out the rules...
you could be a lucky winner. Tell your
friends... we'd love to have them!!!
 
 
Prize Includes:
~ One Cricut Destinations Cartridge
~ One Thank You Embossing Folder
~1 set of Pinque Peacock Purple Beaded Stick Pins
~Several Pinque Peacock Handmade Felt Poppers
~ One set of NOT EVEN RELEASED YET Pinque Peacock
Teal Fabric Covered Buttons (1.5" eyelet) with small purple star flower accent
~ One Button BINGO Stamp by Unity Stamp Co.

5 comments:

TeresaK said...

This is just beautiful! First of all, that photo of the two of you is really wonderful!
I love the swirl flower and all the other pretty embellishments you added! It turned out perfect!
Teresa
www.createnjoyshare.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Gorgeous project!

Be blessed, Beckie

Donna K said...

Your photo is perfect with this project, Kimberly!! I love the softness of the flowers and the tiles are a darling addition. TFS!!

~Donna K

SusieScrapper said...

So beautiful and love the picture! Love the PP flower, it's my favorite.

Susie
http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

Tiggerscraps said...

This is beautiful and what a pretty picture!!