April 5, 2013

"Stick It" by PINQUETTE Lisa

How are all of our Pretty Little Peacocks Today?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am pleased to present to you
our next DT Project
created by
PINQUETTE Lisa Woodward

 
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hello All!  Pinquette Lisa here with another
"Awesomesauce" project for you today!  Thus far,
I have used our Pinque Peacock buttons for jewelry…..could I?  
Do I dare? Use them….for something else? I saw the
beautiful Layered Garden Beauties I received, and
the colors reminded me so much of my home!  
The gorgeous earthy colors….oh, could this be the
I have been looking for? Could it be? For so long
 I have wanted one of these chic, padded, memo boards.  
I "just happened to have" coordinating fabric in my
 "fabric bin" (Yes, I REALLY have one!)  I used
upholstery samples I got on clearance from Joann’s
and some denim….from…umm… jeans that don’t
fit anymore…(yes! Tip….Save your clothes….if
you can craft with it, don't donate it!  It can be cut,
die cut, dyed and all sorts of nifty stuff. I love to
dye cut denim, and for YEARS I would donate
my old jeans and buy denim fabric…WHAT????
 How crazy is that…?)  So, I used strips of upholstery
fabric and denim, along with some basting strips, a staple
gun, and a 18x20 Canvas ($3.99), padded
with some quilters batting, and created…..
 

I covered my tack marks with our Pinque Peacock
found a resting place for my stick pins to boot!  I hope
you have enjoyed my project, and please….
let your imagination carry you far!
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Thank you PINQUETTE Lisa,
your project is beautiful!!!
Be sure to visit Lisa at her
blog My Crafty Spaces...
become a New Follower,
get in on her contest and be
inspired by her beautiful creations!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

5 comments:

Kathi G. said...

Love it!!! such a great idea...I've got lots of fabric I can do this with. :D

TeresaK said...

Oh how very cool! You DID it! You used these great PP products for another original project! Great job!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great project Lisa. I love how you upcycled the jeans,lol. TFS~Mary M
http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

Donna K said...

You have such a flair for coming up with something NEW, Lisa! Thanks for sharing your talents with us...love these projects! ~Donna K

An'Jenic G. said...

Lisa this is such a fun memo board. I like the earth tones used. TFS AJ-